Thursday, June 16, 2011

the breakup song

I can't seem to stop listening to this lovely lass above. I love her nonchalant attitude towards the cut-throat industry about her looks, her charming cockney accent, her humor, her classiness,that ginger hair, stunning look and oh yeah her booming soul searing voice.

I gave this a thought, if my life were a movie and I am going through a break-up. Then Adele's songs should be the background music to accompany the tears, flashbacks and "I can't look at you right now fucker" looks couple have when the relationship had taken a turn to loathing. Oh and of course the post breakup scene where one would stare mindlessly in a daze getting sucked in my the whirlwind of emotions.

I think it will make my breakup much more theatrical. Yeah sure, I would go nuts listening to all the lyrics, but maybe it will let me purge out the emotions faster instead of not knowing what to do with all of them.No?

Maybe I am wrong, coming from someone that has never gone through a breakup but it is nice to know that I have a tune for a horrible event in my life later in the future. Hey,maybe I'll even laugh about it at that moment.

Okay,I don't even know what I am yapping about.But for now, this is part of my story as sung by Adele.

This is how the story went
I met someone by accident
It blew me away
It blew me away

It was in the darkest of my days
When you took my sorrow and you took my pain
And buried them away, you buried them away

I wish I could lay down beside you
When the day is done
And wake up to your face against the morning sun
But like everything I've ever known
You disappear one day
So I spend my whole life hiding my heart away

Drop you off at the train station
Put a kiss on top of your head
Watch you wave
Watched you wave

Then I went on home to my skyscrapers
Neon lights and waiting papers
That I call home
I call it home

I wish I could lay down beside you
When the day is done
And wake up to your face against the morning sun
But like everything I've ever known
You disappear one day
So I spend my whole life hiding my heart away

I woke up feeling heavy hearted
I'm going back to where I started
The morning rain, the morning rain
Although I wish that you were here
That same old road that brought you here
Is calling me home, It's calling me home

I wish I could lay down beside you
When the day is done
And wake up to your face against the morning sun
But like everything I've ever known
You disappear one day
So I spend my whole life hiding my heart away
And I can spend my whole life hiding my heart away

No comments: