Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April shines through

"The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day.
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You're one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak,
a cloud come over the sunlit arch,
And wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you're two months back in the middle of March."
- Robert Frost, Two Tramps in Mud Time, 1926

We are already fast approaching the first half of the year in an blink of an eye. I really can't believe that it is already April! That'll bring me to certain milestones in my year so far. First, it will be 2 months since my sis went to the land of down under and eight months till i see her prudy face again. This also means that I am this much( ) close to being a trainee teacher in some suburban primary school.
How daunting is that? pretty much what I am force to think about every bloody day. This also marks the fourth months since I succumb to peer pressure and social habits that is becoming the youth of our nation(I'll let you speculate which one is it because I rather not say it on here).Don't need anymore heat since the days(and nights) have been way too humid that I feel most of my days are spent fighting the UV rays to get going about my work.
However, I think being a Malaysian, it is something that one gets use to easily.This is a country where the humidity can fry an egg on the side walk(i've never tried, but very sure that it is possible)and still see people be wearing layers of clothing. Just amazing eh? those mat salleh I've always see on the monorail with their shorts and light-weight tops looks absolutely suffocated in the Malaysian weather while i stand there in my hijab and 2 layers of articles and feeling easy-breezy pumpkin breezy.Don't i sound like a cocky bitch right about now? deal with it.
Besides dealing with the scorching sun (i really blame global warming), my last studying semester has commenced just a week ago and I am totally buried with things to do. Can't believe it has been 2 years since I've started on this journey towards building a better future for me and the people I love.
Tired as I am with the multitude of projects on the coming months, I am pretty much stoked to be doing a farewell dinner for my class. We have gone through so much together. My class is nothing short of amazing. We are loud and silly to always reminding you to not take life so seriously because once you get out of high school. You tend to forget the simplicity of what life was before you try so hard to make the best of yourself in this dog-it-dog world.
Aside from all this, I really miss my sister and I can't wait to travel. Fuck what people say, i need to see the world beyond this South Eastern shore line.Taking a year off wouldn't kill me. Not taking a year off would probably be the death of me. so, next year if the world does end, I better be leaving a really good one.

No comments: