Sunday, August 7, 2011

internship: week 2

Entering my third week of teaching. second of ramadhan. Where does the time goes?

I am getting used to being called 'teacher'.
I am getting used to planning and preparing.
I am getting used to wearing heels.
I am getting used to thinking about 60 other 9 years old instead of my lonesome almost 20 years old self.
I am getting used to always looking at the clock.
I am getting used to always getting things done in time.
I am getting used to new work place environment.
I am getting used to new people.
I am getting used to being out of my social circle.

Teaching is challenging, as I've said before. Every time I go into class, my intention is that my students gets something out of that 60 minutes lesson. That they will be a little courageous to use the language when they feel so. I know how intimidating learning something new can be. Especially a foreign language that gets a lot of backlash due to its origin. I hope they understand that we are here to learn the language, not to adept to its culture by pushing ours' aside like its yesterday's cold rice.

Third week,

I hope I am able to find my footing with this young learners.

I hope for a lot of things from this journey. Insyallah, all shall be well.

No comments: