Sunday, August 14, 2011

happy accidents

My love for movies or films if you want to sound more cultured, has always been the reason why I am able to speak and write english well since it is my second language. I love watching them and imitating after the characters or wonder about the most ridiculous thing about the story. I have a long list of movies I love that I think I had stopped keeping track on them. Believe it or not, I kept a list in my old journal back when I was 15. Now days, I hardly watch television anymore and I like stumbling upon a good story.

Sure, now I just watch the new television series or movies in my laptop after transferring it from friends that were able to download them. Sure it is easier and inexpensive (also very illegal) but just like everything that is convenient and fast this days, it losses its wonder and quality. In a way its magic. Think about it, for example,fast food; quick but bad for your body and film photography: takes time and money to develop, but the outcome is mesmerizing.

So,like watching television and stumbling upon a good movie, gives me some sort of heart warming joy that even after the movie I would think about it and gushes over how good it was to random ears near by(or in this case, blog about it so random blog walkers would stumble upon it). I am delighted to share with strangers the two movies I saw a few nights ago.

They are Happy accidents and Just like a son. I saw them on the sundance channel(yeah,we changed to astro beyond and they have a sundance channel!HOW WONDERFUL IS THAT?). I tell you, they don't air movies like those in the cinema here. Here, we always get block buster movies that are just a bland reflection of each other(Not all though).

You know,what would be cool? I've always had this idea of having my own cinema where I will air films that I love. Old and new. Maybe I can even play trilogies (example:lord of the rings not twilight) and have theme nights. Be so neat right? It'll play all sort of indie films from all over the world, even documentaries and mockumenteries. Block busters movies are ban from my cinema of course. Maybe only weirdos and nerds will come support my place, but hell, i'll do it for the love of it. OHMYGOD,MAYBE IT CAN BE MY NIGHT JOB.

Nadhirah, teacher my day, indie cinema owner by night.

The stuff I spun in my head aye? oh well, nothing wrong with dreaming.
Right, rambling off like a mad woman as always.
Until next time.

ps: 4th week on internship starting tomorrow. Time sure flies!

No comments: