Monday, July 25, 2011

internship: Day 1




Made it through the first day by the skin of my teeth!
What lies I am spurting here.

Last night after I blogged how calm I was and that I was heading to bed for a deep slumber so I can wake up fresh in the morning all energetic for my first day as a teacher. I did just that, laid my head on my pillow and shut my eyes smiling. During that few seconds of total silence and entering a state of unconsciousness, my mind didn't went silent, instead it was shouting and ramblings incoherently about today. So I opened my tired eyes and took my books down to the room downstairs and turned on the air-conditioner in full blast and started reading my classroom management book. After 30 minutes of jotting down useful tips and listing out fun language games I can do with my students later, my mind went "ok,calm yo mothofecking titties*in tina's voice* Irah!*. So I quickly put all my things aside and crashed on the couch around 12.30 am.

Sleep felt like a second even when time had passed for hours....

Woke up with a jolt because my mum barged into the room asking me to get up while at the same time my phone obnoxious alarm went off. From there on it was a blurry motions of showering-praying-packing my books-drinking vico-out the door-into the car-picked up dad from the bus station-dropped me off at school.

The journey took 15 minutes on a clear road from my house to the school. When I arrived, I was all jitters. I'm glad I wasn't the only one though. One of my mate was feeling it too, but it is great that the other one was keeping herself together well. It made me feel better because I swear my mind kept going from rambling to silence every second as we made out way to the office to report ourselves for duty.

It was still dark out and only a few lights were switched on lighting the pathway towards the 1st floor, hence making it feel a little eerie. But thankgod the lights in the office was on, unfortunately it was still locked.Which was good! because it means we were not late.

Met a few teachers in the office who were taking their record book on the receptionist table. They were friendly and right off the bet know we were practical students reporting for duty. I just smiled and said my salam most of the time. Anyway, 90% of my time was spent waiting. Which I really don't mind because the thought of entering class made me want to throw up.

So, I got my schedule sorted by meeting first the headmistress then senior assistant then evening session person in charge then the teachers that I am taking over their classes for the next 14 weeks .
Since,there were difficulties in fitting us in their system, we had to take on an extra subject, which I don't mind since I got art! How cool is that? I am excited for it because I haven't done art in so long and I love art even though I suck at drawing. But I hope I can do interesting and artistic stuff with the kids. Speaking of which, I should research for crafty ideas for my lesson next monday. As for english, I will start this thursday on occupation. Gotta get my lesson plan ready by then.

There are things I feel a little confuse about, but it think I know how it works. It is like when I worked at baskin, you just gotta ask and they will gladly to help you out. Just ask!

Ok,with that, I say today went well.

ALL SHALL BE WELL!

amin.




No comments: