Thursday, May 26, 2011

another one



i hope this song isn't offensive to the deceased.

Today one of my classmate passed away due to cancer. At a ripe age of 19, she left this evening to be with her maker. This is the second person I've known in my life,where their life were cut short due to cancer and this song came to my mind because I was listening to it the first time around and i think now i've associated the song to the disease personally.

I didn't get to know her as well as my other classmates, but she was my classmate regardless. spent a year plus being in the same classroom with her acquiring knowledge like sponges and now she's gone.

what i've learnt is that death usually leaves an emptiness somewhere. like a seat in the exam hall, where every other seat is taken and you can see only that one seat is vacant and you wait and wait for the person to come but they never do.

She was someone dear to one of my good friends at university. To have lost someone you love is never an easy thing to accept and adjust too. I hope he would stay strong and keep the good memories they had in his heart wherever he goes. also to be fueled by her lightness to keep going.

I know I have never been good with death, i feel at lost for words most of the time, but my thoughts and prayers goes to her and her family. I hope she rests in peace. amin.

No comments: